Saturday, 1 September 2012

A nice story from Barry

I think anyone following Numberphile will be familair with my current One-Roll Yahtzee obsession.

The odds of rolling five matching dice are 1 in 1296.

Anyway, I recently received an email from a chap named Barry Smith.

Here it is:

My name is Barry Smith and I really enjoy what you guys are doing on Numberphile. Ive been keeping up with all of your one roll Yahtzee videos, and they made me want to share with you a related story.

Almost 3 years ago, I was at a bar here in Kansas City, MO called the Hiway House. And I witnessed my Brother-in-law roll a One Roll Yahtzee as part of an on going bar jackpot.

It has been a while since it happened, but I believe you got 2 rolls for $1, but the catch was that you got only one attempt per night.

Anyways, I was right next to my Brother-in-law and witnessed him roll a One Roll Yahtzee with 6s on his first attempt. He won around $850 cash.

It was one of the luckiest things I have seen in my life.

Anyways, after watching your one roll yahtzee videos it made me want to dig up the picture I took of his roll and share it with you. Attached is the picture.

Thanks again for Numberphile, Keep up the good work.


2 comments: