Friday 5 April 2013

Tales from the grave

I just belatedly saw this message from a Deep Sky Videos viewer. It was a reaction to my video about visiting Charles Messiers' grave.

It makes me think - should we get a campaign going to have Messier's grave on the tourist maps and signs at Père Lachaise Cemetery - it seems wrong that he's overlooked!

Brady,
First, please allow me to thank you for all the effort you put into creating the videos for you channels.
I am subscribed to most of them and always look forward to a new episode. 
As an amateur astronomer, I absolutely enjoy the watching your DeepSkyVideos channel.
During my visit to Paris last week, inspired by your video, I visited the grave of Charles Messier. Thanks to your video and directions in the video's description, I had no trouble locating the grave.
I even got the chance to tell a group of visitors of Chopin's grave about Charles' life and his famous catalog.
The guide didn't know about this particular grave and considers pointing it out during his regular tour. 
Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
Cheers, Dirk
Newly uploaded photos from Brady's trip to the grave here.



8 comments:

  1. Pretty! This is a really wonderful post. It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!
    nikon d7000 price
    canon 70d review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the challenges. It was definitely informative. Your website is very useful. Many thanks for sharing!
    Obat Herbal penyakit Batu Buli Obat Cacar Air Obat Herbal Presbiopi (Mata Tua)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the furry jacket and also with the necklace, awesome. And also beautiful so interesting.
    cara mengobati kista ovarium

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really impressed with this blog. The contents are so riveting my eyes. cara mengobati infeksi lambung

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only express a word of thanks, nothing else. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge. Cara Mengobati infeksi saluran kemih

    ReplyDelete
  6. freedom becomes a guarantee, this article is probably one of the best. Thanks for the article author.
    obat untuk darah beku
    obat hepatoma
    cara menyembuhkan anemia
    cara menyembuhkan tukak lambung

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several times I to this blog, and a lot of knowledge that I get. I am very grateful to the authors. keep the spirit of the author.
    Cara Menghilangkan Selulit di Paha
    Obat Untuk Telinga Berair
    Obat Herbal Untuk Tumor Rahang Yang Mujarab
    Obat Tradisional Untuk Usus Buntu Kronis

    ReplyDelete